Sunday 26 February 2012

hearts, buttons, ribbons and lace galore!





Truly a few of my favourite things... bunting, hearts, buttons, lace and ribbons! These hearts are quick and easy to make, and can be strung together like I have in these pictures, or simply one heart on its own hung on door knobs, cupboards, picture hooks can transform a room and give it that country, shabby chic feel. The material used for these hearts were scraps rescued from my local charity shops. The patterns are pretty on their own and could easily be left plain, however for this project I have sewn buttons and ribbons to the hearts for added texture. I have also experimented with different stitch settings on my sewing machine to add detail, although I think its difficult to see from the pictures. I made a similar string of hearts for my mum for her new house (a beautiful, huge, old, shabby chic, country house) using vintage red and cream striped material...I have to say that I'm jealous now as I prefer those to these ones that I have kept, so I think I'll have to make myself some more! I will post some pictures of those along with a few other things I have made for my mums house once she is in and settled. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment