Monday 20 February 2012



Hello again, so I'm writing this at 2am, its one day post-night shifts and I can't sleep... so i thought I'd blog instead. This hot water bottle cover comes from the Cath Kidston book "sew"and was one of the first projects I did when I got my machine to Bristol. I think it's been my best make as I have used it almost every night this winter. The cover has a wadding layer to both retain heat and prevent burns. I then stitched a grid pattern to create the padded effect. Once you have cut out your template you can use it over and over again, and the covers are fairly quick to make, although sewing all those lines to form the grid was a little time consuming. They make great christmas presents, just at the right time of year when everyone needs a nice hot-water bottle!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment